Busch Gardens Tampa is a popular destination for not only roller coasters and water rides, but also seasonal celebrations. Many Florida residents are familiar with Howl-O-Scream, the park’s Halloween event that started back in the year 2000. In 2012, to celebrate the holidays, the park started the Christmas Town celebration, which brings Christmas merriment and joy to the theme park! This year the park continues this holiday happiness with a bunch of exciting shows and stunning decorations.
The shows that take place during Christmas Town are all holiday themed and full of everyone’s favorites Christmas carols. One show that will cool you down and blow your mind with fast tricks from professional ice skaters is Christmas On Ice. This show takes place in the Moroccan Palace and captures the holiday spirit as world-class skaters celebrate the many wonders of Christmas in a family-friendly show. The performance features exciting and risky ice skating tricks and an assortment of Christmas carols playing in the background.
WATCH – HIGHLIGHTS FROM CHRISTMAS ON ICE:
Another show that will put you in the holiday spirit is Christmas From the Heart. This live performance takes place in the Stanleyville Theater and is a contemporary Christian gospel celebration. The show is packed with wonderful melodies that fill the theater with cheer and merriment. All of the show’s performers are very talented and between their voices and dancing, you will find yourself lost in a wave of Christmas tunes!
WATCH – FULL CHRISTMAS FROM THE HEART SHOW:
Christmas Celebration is another great show featured in the holiday event. The show takes place in the Dragon Fire Grill and is full of singers, dancers and Santa himself. Songs heard during the performance are classic Christmas carols performed live in the grill. The show even features a moment where all of the kids from the audience get to come up on stage and sit with Santa!
WATCH – FULL CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION:
Other Christmas themed shows can be found throughout the park as well during the holiday celebration. Some of these shows include:
- Elmo’s Christmas Wish – guests get to visit Sesame Street Safari of Fun to join Elmo, Cookie Monster, Zoe, Rosita and Grover as they learn the meaning of Christmas.
- Hallelujah Showcase – takes place in the Gwazi Plaza and is full of song and Christmas cheer as local schools, churches and professional groups from around Florida gather for a special performance.
- Christmas Time Tree Show – located in Jungala, brings a 50 foot Christmas tree alive every ten minutes with spectacular dancing lights and holiday music.
- Holiday Hills Band – brings a classic Christmas to life with a jazz-inspired twist. Found in the Gwazi Plaza, the band embodies the true merriment of the season.
- We Three Kings Show – located in Three Kings Oasis at Garden Gate Cafe Law, the show unites magical voices in perfect harmony, unfolding the famed journey to the humble town of Bethlehem.
In addition to seeing awesome shows, guests can meet and greet with their favorite holiday characters. At Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland, you can meet and take photos with Rudolph and his friends Yukon Cornelius, Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster and Sam the Snowman.
You can also meet the big guy himself at Santa’s House. Here guests can meet the Claus family as they invite you into their North Pole home. The experience takes visitors into Santa’s private study to meet and take photos.
After a long day of walking around the park and enjoying all of these special Christmas festivities, nothing is better than taking in the park’s amazing Christmas decorations that can be found throughout the park.
WATCH – NIGHTTIME DECORATIONS AT CHRISTMAS TOWN:
Here is a look at some of the stunning Christmas decorations. The best time to really take in these stunning views has to be at night when the whole park lights up!
Special performers can be found in the front of the park interacting with guests and taking pictures. This one toy solider couldn’t help but become overwhelmed by the Christmas spirit, causing him to embrace guests posing for pictures with him.
Christmas Town at Busch Gardens Tampa will continue through the end of the year. For more information about the event and to purchase tickets, be sure to check out the official website.