Last month, it was announced that the celebrity guests at next year’s event would include Stanislav Yanevski (Victor Krum) and James and Oliver Phelps (Fred and George Weasley). Today, Universal announced that Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) will also be attending the event.
It was also shared today that the event will feature three brand new panels:
- Discover Behind-the-Scenes Secrets with Award Winning Special Effects Supervisor, John Richardson – The magic comes alive as John Richardson – Special Effects Supervisor on all eight Harry Potter films – shares with you how flying broomsticks, floating candles, wand explosions, fire-breathing dragons, and more were created on the Harry Potter film set.
- “Graphic Design for Film: Creating the Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes” – Eduardo Lima and Miraphora Mina of MinaLima are here to chat about what went into bringing Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes to life.
- “The Magic of Costumes in Harry Potter” – Join Jany Temime, award-winning costume designer behind the last six films, and Eddie Newquist, exhibition curator, to talk about the amazing costumes in the Harry Potter films.
Universal also announced some exciting new offerings as well as some returning favorites:
- NEW: “Wizarding Costumes from Harry Potter: The Exhibition” – You’ll be able see some of the most stunning costumes from the Harry Potter series and walk the runway to pose for a one-of-a-kind keepsake photo.
- “The Sorting Hat Experience” – If you don’t know your Hogwarts house, you’ll have the chance to find out if you’re a Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor or Slytherin at “The Sorting Hat Experience.”
- Pottermore – Start practicing your Harry Potter trivia because Audible Recall is back with updated questions. And, you can even play against your fellow housemates with house-specific rounds each day of the event. #HogwartsRules
- Scholastic – Scholastic is celebrating 20 years since “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” was first published. You can write your favorite Harry Potter memory on the Muggle Wall, step into a life-sized recreation of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and enter to win one-of-a-kind Harry Potter prizes.
- MinaLima – Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima are back this year to share their graphic designs of Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes and so much more.
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – “The Making of Harry Potter” is back to give you the opportunity to see first-hand some of the incredible effects that were used in the Harry Potter film series.
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child – As the play gets ready to open on Broadway, you’ll get an exclusive, never-seen-before look at the costumes, designs and imagery from the production.
A Celebration of Harry Potter will be held January 26-28 at Universal Studios Florida.