SeaWorld Orlando held a special media event for the 2016 edition of their annual SeaWorld’s A Christmas Celebration to showcase some new and returning festivities to the popular annual event. There’s a little something for everyone this year, with special live holiday-themed shows, a spectacular musical Sea of Trees light show, and the all-new Rudolph’s ChristmasTown in which guests can meet Rudolph, Clarice, Bumble and Yukon Cornelius from the classic family Christmas television special, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
Check out some of the highlights of the evening below:
It was the perfect night for some hot cocoa deliciously served up with whipped cream and marshmallows, which was also the star of the show where warm and mushy s’mores and various other treats were being served up at a comfy area set up with live music and Christmas decorations. It also served as a great viewing area to take in the lovely Sea of Trees light show, with a new 70-foot-tall Christmas tree as its centerpiece.
“In the Sea of Trees we have 115 smaller trees around the park, in the water and around the lake,” said SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment production manager Muffett Baker. “Our new one is the 50-foot tree but actually because of the way it’s positioned it’s really 70 feet to the top from the water level. There’s 28,000 lights on that tree alone. Each of the lights are individually programmed and they dance to the music.”
Children were quite amused with a friendly otter named Dunder who was out to help greet everyone. Rudolph & Friends looked great and very faithful to the classic look, with Rudolph’s nose all lit up, and his story nicely unfolding through the course that made up Rudolph’s ChristmasTown. While we didn’t get to see the live shows or Santa’s Workshop, another new holiday festivity being offered this year, as this was an after-hours event, we’ll be sure to take in the entire experience in a return visit real soon.
Here’s a rundown of everything that will be offered this year:
All-New Holiday Festivities
- Rudolph’s ChristmasTown – New this year is the Rudolph’s ChristmasTown where guests can meet Rudolph, Clarice, Bumble and Yukon Cornelius from the classic family Christmas television special, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Plus, guests can stroll past life-size story book vignettes showcasing the classic Rudolph story.
- Santa’s Workshop presented by Coca-Cola – Meet Santa Claus in an all-new Christmas experience. Guests can make timeless memories to treasure as they embrace the joy of the holiday season at Santa’s Workshop, presented by Coca-Cola.
Returning Holiday Favorites
- Clyde & Seamore’s Countdown to Christmas – A returning classic, Sea Lion & Otter Stadium celebrates the season with a hilarious Christmas comedy show. Clyde and Seamore, along with a few mischievous otters, a comical elf, and even a jolly walrus, invite guests to their fun-filled holiday celebration.
- Shamu Christmas Miracles – Shamu Stadium once again brightens the night with dazzling lights and glowing candles, while Christmas carols abound and Shamu splashes to celebrate the holiday season.
- O Wondrous Night – Experience a live nativity only SeaWorld can bring to life, complete with more than 30 carols, life-sized puppets, and animals in a spectacular Christmas favorite based on The Christmas Story. Told through the eyes of the animals that were there, O Wondrous Night is a touching, light-hearted, and glorious celebration with a host of angels, animals, and the true glory of Christmas.
- Sesame Street’s Elmo’s Christmas Wish – The holidays have arrived, and everybody’s Sesame Street® friends have come to SeaWorld Orlando for a festive and fun musical celebration! Elmo’s Christmas Wish will soon become every child’s favorite show. Join Rosita, Grover, Zoe and Cookie Monster as they work together to help Elmo find his Christmas wish!
- Winter Wonderland on Ice – Christmas comes to life on a stage of ice, jewels and light as skaters dazzle and delight in this show-stopping, ice skating extravaganza.
- Sea of Trees – Families will stroll through a wintery, watery wonderland as they are immersed in a sea of glistening holiday trees that sparkle to music as they light up the water. New this year is a glistening Christmas tree towering 70-feet above the water.
- The Christmas Market – Nestled along the park’s Bayside Pathway, The Christmas Market features festive entertainment and delicious culinary delights. Complete with playful elves, a charming model train village, and the comedic antics of the Christmas Council, the Market is the centerpiece of SeaWorld’s Christmas event. Guests can also relax near the warm glow of the fire pit a holiday cocktail while experiencing a wonderful view of the vibrant Sea of Trees.
For those looking for unique holiday cuisine, The Christmas Market is filled with fresh-popped kettle corn, waffle cone S’mores, grilled slider sandwiches, short-rib brisket mac & cheese and SeaWorld’s very own apple pie with a unique and delicious twist. Guests can also sip on flavorful hoppy craft brews and specialty flavored hot cocoa located near the stage at Bayside Pathway. Live music under the Gazebo completes the entire experience as guests enjoy the craft brew.
Guests can now indulge their senses with more than 60 delectable bites and craft brews served on tap with two all-new Tasting & Brew Sampler packages.
Guests can also enjoy a memorable holiday meal, along with a meet and greet with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Santa’s Fireside Feast. The exclusive dinner features an all-you-care-to-eat menu of holiday favorites and delicious desserts.
Ring In The New Year at SeaWorld Orlando
On December 31, guests can ring in the New Year at SeaWorld Orlando. Vibrant fireworks will fill the night sky and festive entertainment will take place throughout the park, including interactive DJ stations, craft beers and delectable bites.
For more information, park hours and to purchase tickets, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.
SeaWorld’s A Christmas Celebration is included with general admission and annual passholders. It will take place Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays through December 11 and then run daily December 16 through 31.