Today for #FlashbackFriday we are taking a look at the history of the Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House display at Disneyland Park. For 14 years the Haunted Mansion Holiday ballroom has been decorated with an amazing Nightmare Before Christmas gingerbread house display. For the 15th year celebration the Disney Parks Blog made a tribute video looking back at past years creations and the incredible amount of work that goes into creating them. The video also shows you a sneak peek at this year’s treat!
Haunted Mansion Holiday Gingerbread House Fun Facts:
- Heights have ranged from five feet (the smallest) to 15 feet (the tallest – almost touching the chandelier)
- It takes 16 days to build and decorate the gingerbread house, on average
- A team of 4 pastry chefs works together to create each masterpiece
- Many of the pastry chefs have been part of this kooky tradition since 2001
This year’s house is made of:
- 200 pounds gingerbread
- 200 pounds powdered sugar
- 4 gallons egg whites
- 1 gallon lemon juice
- 50 pounds fondant
- 1/3 pound glitter
What gingerbread house display is your favorite?