Universal Orlando Resort has announced details for the upcoming “A Celebration of Harry Potter 2016” event on their official blog.
Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley), Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom), Katie Leung (Cho Chang), Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley), and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood) will all make appearances at various events during the celebration of all things Potter, including a Q&A sessions with fans.
In addition to those stars, there will also be special panels and demonstrations by the talented crew who helped make the films possible.
- Pierre Brohanna, Head Prop Maker for the film franchise.
- Eduardo Lima and Miraphora Mina of MinaLima, who established the visual graphic style of the films.
- Paul Harris, wand combat choreographer for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- The creators and talent that have made Harry Potter: The Exhibition a global touring phenomenon.
Universal Orlando will also have a Harry Potter Expo for the third annual event. Highlights include:
- Participate in an interactive mini-tour experience from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London.
- Try on the Sorting Hat and find out which house you belong in.
- Interact with Pottermore, J.K Rowling’s digital behind-the-scenes masterpiece.
- Share what Harry Potter means to you, color in a page from the brand-new Harry Potter coloring book, enter daily raffles and more at the Scholastic booth.
A Celebration of Harry Potter 2016 will take place January 29-31, 2016 at both Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios Florida. The event is included with regular admission to the park or with a Universal Orlando Annual Pass. Admission to some of the activities are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
According to Universal, “while most of the activities for A Celebration of Harry Potter will be open to all Universal Orlando park guests, guests who purchase the exclusive event vacation packages will enjoy certain special benefits and reserved sections for the panels and demonstrations”.
For more info, head on over to the official site (and don’t forget your wand!).