Along with a slew of news released Sunday regarding the upcoming release of “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” including a new trailer to be released during Monday Night Football, pre-sale movie ticket info and a special Star Wars marathon at participating movie theaters, came the news that a special opening night event will take place at Walt Disney World.
Now there’s more details courtesy of the Disney Parks Blog about this exclusive event.
- The event includes a special opening night screening at the AMC theater at Disney Springs between 7pm and 8pm as well as a special after-hours party at Hollywood Studios where guests can visit the soon-to-be-open Star Wars Launch Bay exhibit populated by Star Wars characters, ride the “Star Tours” attraction and attend a DJ dance party. A new fireworks display inspired by Star Wars will also take place.
- The event will take place on Dec. 17, a day earlier than the release of the movie in the U.S. and tickets will be priced depending on which movie format you choose: 2D ($94.99), 3D ($98.99) and 3D ETX ($99.99).
- Tickets can be purchased at http://amctheatres.com/starwarswdw after the trailer’s release on Monday.
- Parking for Hollywood Studios is included in the price. There will be shuttle service available to Disney Springs and Hollywood Studios for Disney Resort guests.
- Attendees will also get a special commemorative ticket.
- There will be “additional entertainment” at Hollywood Studios but no other attractions will be open.
- Yes, you can dress up as your favorite Star Wars character but you’ll have to follow some guidelines listed in the event FAQ.
Tickets for both the special event and theatrical screenings nationwide go on sale following the debut of the new trailer on Monday Night Football.
Guests at the Downtown Disney District in Disneyland are encouraged to watch the trailer on a giant screen outside AMC Downtown Disney 12 theaters with fellow fans starting at 5pm local time leading up to airing of the trailer at halftime of the game.
Two new short clips announcing the trailer also popped up on Instagram.
The stars have aligned. A new trailer for #TheForceAwakens lands tomorrow. A video posted by Disney (@disney) on