Walt Disney World and Disneyland have revealed Limited Time Magic offerings for the next few weeks, spanning multiple events across Disneyland park, the Magic Kingdom, and Epcot.
Walt Disney World
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta at Epcot
May 5 – May 11, 2013
Meet The Three Caballeros
Don’t miss a rare opportunity to say “¡Saludos Amigos!” to three of the most famous Latin American lovebirds in history, The Three Caballeros!
Panchito, Jose Carioca and, of course, el Pato Donald are getting the band back together and they’re ready to pose for a picture or two—stop by and meet these classic Characters while you have the chance!
Move Your Feet to the Music
Once you’ve had your fill of The Three Caballeros, get ready to groove to music from south of the border, and maybe even move your feet a little!
First, soak up the spirit of the occasion with an energetic set by delightful marionettes. Then, float through the romanticized beauty of Mexico’s history with some folkloric dancing. Finally, work up an appetite with a little dancing of your own, set to the tunes of the world-renowned band, Mariachi Cobre!
Feast on Festive Mexican Eats
Ready for an authentic Mexican food experience? San Angel Inn Restaurante and La Hacienda de San Angel will both be a huge part of the occasion and they’re preparing a selection of fiesta-themed offerings to celebrate!
Check out the listings below for the Cinco de Mayo-specific menu, complete with appetizers, entrees and even a dessert!
- Cream of Chile Poblano: Chile poblano, cilantro, onion, garlic and Mexican cream, garnished with tortilla strips, poblano peppers and cream ($7.50)
- Chalupas de Chicharron: Corn dough topped with roasted chipotle sauce, shredded chicken, pork rind in green tomatillo sauce, fresh cheese, sour cream and avocado ($11.50)
- Chile en Nogada: Egg-battered stuffed poblano pepper with pork, almonds, raisins, apple, pineapple, cinnamon, roasted tomato and garlic, topped with a walnut cream sauce ($24.50)
- Enchiladas de Mole Poblano: Corn tortillas filled with marinated chicken, topped with mole poblano sauce, sesame seeds and Mexican cream ($23.50)
- Pollo Rostizado en Salsa de Mercado: Slow roasted French-chicken breast, topped with a roasted green tomato, pine nuts, garlic, onion and saffron sauce ($23.50)
- Camotes en Leche Condensada: Sweet potato dessert topped condensed milk, garnished with almond brittle ($7.00)
And for something fun to wash it all down with, stop by La Cava where you can sample an assortment of different drinks, including margarita-flavored Horchata and zesty Micheladas.
You can even try the famous “Banderita”—three separate shots that together form the colors of the Mexican flag!
Cinco de Mayo Ear Hats
Before this fiesta has you ready for a siesta, pop into a shop at the Mexico Pavilion and purchase a Cinco de Mayo ear hat!
Join us for a joyous and regal celebration at Magic Kingdom park when Merida—the heroine from Disney•Pixar’s Brave—is officially christened into the Disney Princess Royal Court! As part of Limited Time Magic, all 10 Disney Princesses will be gathering together to coronate their newest member. And to commemorate the special occasion, you can purchase a limited edition Merida-inspired T-shirt, available in Youth and Toddler sizes while supplies last, and only at the Emporium inside Magic Kingdom park!
Celebrate the spirit of Mexico and commemorate the year of the ear all at once with your very own Cinco de Mayo ear hat! Capturing the essence, the colors and the iconic character of Mexico and its festive culture, this Limited Time Magic offering can be found right inside the Fantasyland Mad Hatter, located at Disneyland Park. Don’t miss the chance to “cap” off this festive fiesta in style, courtesy of a little Limited Time Magic!
This May, come glow with a “Magical” new show at Disneyland Park—purchase your very own light-up interactive ear hat and engage with shows and attractions across Disneyland Resort like never before, including “Magical,” Disneyland Park’s newest fireworks spectacular. But that’s not all—as part of Limited Time Magic, discover a “Magical” fireworks viewing area along Main Street, U.S.A., reserved just for you when you’re wearing your “Glow with the Show” ears. Space is limited and will be first come, first served on the following dates: May 5, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18 and 19, 2013.